Is fighting against discrimination your professional or personal vocation? Do you like to turn norms upside down? Do you occasionally visit museums, but often feel they only tell part of our (hi)story? Then we need you in our Open Museum Think Tank. Ask the museums in Brussels the right questions and help draft the diversity charter that will put them on the right track.
– Between March and December 2021, you must be available for six meetings of 2 hours each. For each meeting you attend, you will receive a compensation of €75.
– The Think Tank will be composed of 6 people, each with their own perspective and expertise.
– The contact person between the Think Tank and the Brussels museums is Gladys Vercammen-Grandjean, coordinator of Open Museum. She will organise the meetings and write the reports.
– Language: French and Dutch, plus English if necessary.
– During these meetings, we will define and evaluate the reflection sessions that the Brussels museums will conduct around their general diversity charter. We will determine the themes, possible pitfalls and their future implementation.
– You will also be informed by e-mail about the progress of Open Museum. All contributions and reactions outside the meetings are more than welcome!
– We would like to continue the think tank in 2022, to be discussed together.
– You are professionally or personally fighting against structural discrimination. You closely follow at least one of the following areas:
– You love culture and see it as a bridge-builder.
– You love museums and want to contribute to making them more representative of our society.
– You love Brussels and know the general context of the city
– You are someone with an open and constructive attitude
– Work experience in a museum is NOT required!
No longer accepting applications, deadline was Wednesday 3 February 2021.
We will contact a shortlist of candidates in the third week of February for an interview in the last week of February. The Think Tank will be announced in early March.
Brussels Museums wants to reflect society as well as possible. We encourage everyone to apply, regardless of origin, colour, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs. Do you have any questions or special needs? Don’t let that be an obstacle. Send your questions to [email protected] without hesitating (this will not have a negative impact on your application).